As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
COVID-19 and impact on peer review
Aims and scope
The Journal of Basic and Applied Zoology (JOBAZ) is a peer-reviewed, open access journal.
JOBAZ is affiliated with the Egyptian Society for Biosciences Advancement and published by Springer Nature. The journal has five sections:
- Physiology and Ecology, which publishes original articles concerned with the study of the different physiological processes such as circulation, excretion, endocrinology, neurobiology, enzymology, nutrition, metabolism, immunology, as well as mechanisms of toxicity, regulatory mechanisms, and ecological physiology
- Vertebrate Anatomy and Embryology, which publishes studies that deal with adaptational mechanisms and evolutionary principles of development, molecular taxonomy and teratogenicity, as well as biodiversity and fish biology
- Cell Biology and Genetics, which covers studies in molecular cell biology, genetics, and epigenetics, as well as cancer biology
- Invertebrates and Parasitology, which publishes articles in advanced researches in both fields of invertebrates, parasitology, and related subjects
- Entomology, which covers all fields of entomological research from the basic and experimental to the applied.
Blogs from SpringerOpen
30 August 2018
22 August 2017
- ISSN: 2090-990X (electronic)
The Journal of Basic and Applied Zoology is affiliated with the Egyptian Society for Biosciences Advancement (formerly Egyptian German Society for Zoology).